Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ONE WEEK

In the words of Barenaked Ladies (the band....don't worry guys):

Like Harrison Ford, I'm gettin' frantic..

It's getting real. Really real. I've been going craaaazy trying to make sure I get everything done, but I AM SO EXCITED. This time next week I'll be in the MTC. I can't believe it. 

I'm a week away from the best (and hardest) 18 months of my life. I get overwhelmed thinking about it all, but I know it will be so worth it. The gospel is so great. I know it's true, and I can think of no better way to spend my time than to share this sweet message with the beautiful people in Brazil. 


For anyone who isn't completely sure what this is about, feel free to check this page out.
http://mormon.org/missionary-work

I know a lot of different organizations sponsor mission trips, where you can spend a few weeks in a certain area for service projects, humanitarian aid, etc. Mission trips are GREAT.

But this is a little different.

I am serving as a missionary for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In a nutshell, as a missionary my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. For those 18 months, my life is COMPLETELY devoted to sharing the gospel and teaching of Christ. It'll be grand.

That being said, social media is a no-no (I really won't have time for it anyways), so I'll pretty much fall off the face of the planet. BUT I can email friends and family. AND write letters. (hint hint).......Write me, guys. I want to hear from youuuuuu! Also letters are mah fave. I just think it's so fun. 
So really, write me. 
All the time.
I know i'm going to be busy, but I'll TRY to respond to everything I can. If I can't, write me more. Just do it. I don't care if we're best friends or if I've never actually seen your face. I'd love to hear from you!

Anywayssssss, that's all folks! ✌ 

No comments:

Post a Comment