Monday, October 14, 2013

Milagros em nossa area!

So I am getting more exhausted every single week, but we see more and more blessings every week too, so I guess you're just supposed to keep going until you die and get crazy crazy blessings. That's what I've learned this week. I don't remember what the talk is called, but an AWESOME lady who served in our ward sent me a talk a while away by Elder Jeffrey R Holland about staying in the mission no matter what, even if it takes everything out of you or you don't think you can do it.. So I re-read it this week and IT'S SO GOOD. It's so important for me to be out here, I know that. I adore these people. I can't use my portuguese much, but that's okay. That will happen in time. I can't see myself being anywhere other than exactly where I am right now. I was meant to spend these past (almost) 4 months in the Northridge ward. And I was meant to have the companions that I've had. And learn the lessons I've learned. I know that everything, every door slam, every bible basher, everything.. is preparing me for something else. I love it here, and I wouldn't change a thing.

My companion, Sister Zenger, is a rockstar. She is. We get so frustrated with each other sometimes because we are SO opposite, but she is so fun and she is SUCH a great missionary. She keeps me in line ;) haha. We are working so hard. This week I thought I was D-U-N-N DONE DONE DONE. I was out. We've been working and nothing was happening and I was ready to quit. We had worked all week long. Sweating, praying, searching, and just about BEGGING to find someone for us to teach, all week, all MONTH, with 0 success. Saturday came around, the only people that would talk to us we found out were already members of the church. We had exhausted everything we could think to find anyone. So Saturday evening we tried one more door before dinner, and they told us they weren't interested and what not, so I decided I was done for the day (that was a joke) and headed back towards the car. Sister Zenger called me back and started walking the other direction towards this obnoxious chihuahua (I hate little dogs. They're gross. They're almost as bad as cats.) and starts talking to some lady in her garage.. She stared at us for a minute and she had tats up and down, facial piercings, smoking a cigarette, and I thought she was going to yell at us and tell us to get OUT.. Sister Zenger asked her name and she just said "Shannon... Are you guys Jehovahs Witness?" We said no, and suddenly she was just so open and started talking to us, talked about how she's had such a bad experience with JDubbs and we talked about our beliefs a little about how important families are, that we can be together forever, and what happens/where we go after death.. She was so nice and actually INTERESTED, and we got a return appointment with her for TOMORROW. I SPY A MIIIIIIIRACLE! We walked away from her house and I thought I was going to cry like a little baby. God's lookin out for us, no doubt :) 

OKAY TAKIN A BREAK FROM SERIOUS STUFF. 

ZENGER'S QOTW!

My companion cracks me up. She's noticing all these things that she would NEVER see at home in Utah, and she's just like "WHAAAAT?" In FL there are sandhill cranes and big birds just all over the place, so nbd. We were driving down some road and this herd of wild turkeys is just casually walkin down the street, and she FREAKED OUT. She was so excited. She swerved and yelled out "TURKEYS!" "AHHHHHHHHH" -slam breaks, pull out camera- "omg turkeys are just walking in the street. I need a picture." ......It scared me so bad. So funny, but the scream caught me off guard big time.

Larry's doing great! We cleaned his pool earlier this week, chatted it up, helpin him figure things out.. We're pushing for baptism on the 19th haha... One day, one day. 

OH. I USED MY SPANGUESE AGAIN. Last Monday. With a guy we tried already. We were looking for someone else again and he answered, and this time we legitimately communicated and it worked. We discovered that he lives alone and the lady we were looking for does NOT live there. He said he was "consolo" (single in spanish i guess, maybe em portugues tambem, nao sei) and I asked him a question and said casado (married) on accident instead, and basically rubbed it in his face that he wasn't married, oops. He wasn't too upset baha. but we got a referral and spanish speaking sisters are going to try to visit, whoop whoooooop! 

Sunday we worked and were having trouble finding anyone to talk to again, and after coming home sliiiightly disappointed, we got a call from the YSA Elders who talked with someone in our area and added us a new investigator! WHAAAAT. Winna winna chicken dinna. Two new investigators in a week :') miracles miracles miracles. I'm so excited to have people to teach, we've been struggling with that since I came to this area.

Remember in the MTC when everyone in my district thought I was ridiculous because I was getting a bunch of mail? Well, my zone is figuring that out now too.. Constant joke of the mish. But that means yall are doing something right.. THANKS GUYS KEEP IT UP. AMO VOCES MUITO. TEM UMA BOM DIA!

Com amor,
Irma Morrill

No comments:

Post a Comment