Monday, November 18, 2013

6 months, 6 months.

HI EVERYONE

So as of today I have ONE YEAR LEFT as a missionary, and I officially hit my 6 month mark on the 22nd (THAT'S HALF OF A YEAR, PEOPLE). How crazy is that?! I feel like I just got out of the MTC, but suddenly a third of my mission is already passed. 

Okay, before I get started I'm just letting yall know that next week we have P-day on Thanksgiving, so I won't be on email on Monday, just Thursday. Maybe Wednesday, not sure how that's gonna work yet. But throwin that out there so ya don't freak out. 

Last week. Sister McLelland was sick at the beginning of the week. Then she got over it and it passed on to me. Now I'M recovering and hoping that Sister Twitchell doesn't get sick. Sister McLelland stayed home sick on Tuesday and Wednesday, so we were makin' it on our own :( IT'S HARD GUYS. I DON'T LIKE MISSING A COMPANION. Then as soon as she was getting better I got sick, so we've all felt awfullllll this week. But we had 2 lessons with Cathlina, SHE IS SO GREAT. She writes down notes, asks perfect questions, she is the perfect investigator. I love her so much. We taught her about the plan of salvation, and we got to come back on Friday and talk to her again, she takes it all in and understands it and loves it. At the end of the lesson she asked us how this gospel can help her now, when she's already following Christ and trying to stay close to him and reading the gospel. She thinks it's so good, she just needs to act for herself and see the blessings it brings. I love her. Did I mention that I love her? 

We had an AWESOME All-faith devotional last night, I don't even know what to say about it right now, I'm still getting over being sick and mission brain on top of that so my head is all foggy and now I'm just rambling. THIS IS SUCH A SHORT EMAIL I'M SORRY. 

WAIT NO, FUN STORY.

So two nights ago Sister Twitchell got a letter from one of her college professors.. The backstory is that Sister Twitchell has been writing her on the mish, and recently sent her a Book of Mormon... She replied with STACKS of copied pages from anti-mormon literature.. We humored ourselves a little bit because everything she sent was SO WRONG. Sister Twitchell was a little bummed that the teacher didn't immediately have the desire to be baptized, but Sister McLelland and I thought it was HILARIOUS. This is the epitome of a mission story right here. The lady proceeded to write a 3 page (front and back) letter about how we are so wrong and that we are a cult (I promise you all we are NOT. Errbody needs to calm down). Anyways so we are taking advantage of being in El Dorado and finding a nice wide open space to burn said copied literature. WHOOOOOO. Missionaries at their wildest, right thurrr.

Well, okay I'm tired and out of emailing time, but WRITE ME I LOVE YOU ALL... THIS INCLUDES EXTENDED FAMILY. I thought my aunts and uncles were like my besties but DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME NBD. 

Kidding, but really. 

Okay I should really go. Have a fantastic week, y'all. TALK TO YA ON THURSDAY.

Com amor,
Sister Morrill

No comments:

Post a Comment