Friday, June 21, 2013

THE CIRRRRRRCLE OF LIIIIIFE

Okay, so this week has been straight up cray cray, guys. STRAIGHT. UP. CRAY.
 
For starters, we realized that next week is our LAST week at the MTC. That one hit HARD. wowzaaaa. We also realized that THAT means we will be reassigned to a mission in the States next week (unless by some miracle our visas come in) IT'S GETTING REALLY REAL. I don't know how I feel about this. After 5 weeks the MTC is like a really really happy kind of prison, I love it here but I MISS THE REAL WORLD.. just a little bit. I'm so excited to hit the field. But I'm going to miss our district sooooooooo much. We are SO tight, I love them. In the beginning I said there was only 1 Elder going to my mish... that was a lie. I'm sorry. There are 4. One of them got their visa on our first week in the MTC, so he's been in Brazil and there's 3 Elders left with me! Then both of my companions and one of the Elders are going to Sao Paulo Leste missao. And the last Elder is going to Santa Maria. I am not looking forward to the goodbyes haha, I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH.
 
So this week has been just super awkward and SERIOUSLY hilarious. But hey, welcome to missionary life. Embrace the awkwardness.
 
Remember that one time ONE WEEK AGO when I challenged you all to write Elder Ellis? Oh yeah, that. Well that didn't work very well. My awesome mother was the only one who did it.
Thanks mom.
Always got mah back.
Elder Ellis was extremely confused as to why my mother wrote him a letter, but it was hilarious and I'm sooooo glad she did.
 
So we taught Carla a couple days ago, and she wants to be baptized, and first she needs to get married and she was getting suppppper excited. So Sister Shaw was saying OVER and OVER how excited she was for Carla and Gene to get married and she went on this big thing about marriage... Mas, to be married in Portuguese is casar, so she was supposed to be saying casado.. But she kept saying cansado, which is tired. Sister Shaw was like OH I'M SO EXCITED FOR YALL TO GET TIRED... And once or time she said Cacado (the C in the middle is supposed to have a thing underneath it, so it sounds like cassado, but I cant change to portugues on this computer..bah) But anways, cacado means hunted... So once or twice she told her she wanted them to be hunted and how excited she was about it. It. Was. Hilarious. Language barriers are the bomb.
 
STORY TIME
 
So last Tuesday, the Travel office called our classroom and asked Sister Shaw to come in for something. If we hear from travel, we assume it's for our visas so we were all excited. But we got there and they needed her to be fingerprinted for a background check for her visa... fun stuff. They had to come back the next day to actually do it, and Sister McElderry and Sister Shaw asked the guy if he could tell us they got their visas when they called our class tomorrow.
Soooo the next day in the middle of class, as promised, the intercom came on and asked for Sister Shaw, and he's like "YOU GOT YOUR VISAAAA, COME TO THE TRAVEL OFFICE!" So our district was freakkking out. Sis Thomas and I were in on it so we left ASAP to keep a straight face..
Sister Shaw and sister McElderry had to leave campus and go to the police station for the fingerprints, and Sister Thomas and I went back to class... I decided to play it up a little bit.. So before I walked into class (I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I PULLED THIS OFF) I just broke down in tears and walked in, in front of alllllll the elders. And they all wanted to know what was up with Sister Shaw and what was wrong with me hahaha. I was the only Sister that they haven't seen cry since we've been here.. So I TOTALLY make this story saying that Sister Shaw's visa is here, she got her travel plans, she's getting fingerprinted at the station right now, when she comes back she has to pack, and she leaves the MTC for Brazil at 7:40 tonight. I was thoroughly impressed with myself right about then.. The elders all believed me.....because I was actually in tears. And they all felt suppper bad because they wanted to see her before she left. I almost broke because Elder Badger was legitimately upset, but I DID NOT make myself cry for nothing.
So we went to dinner after class, and then we had rehearsal for the broadcast (WHICH IS THIS SUNDAY. PREPARE YOURSELVES.) at the Marriott Center, and in the middle of rehearsal Sis Shaw and McElderry FINALLY got back and I told her what I told our District. After rehearsal we had a devotional, and then we had to go back to class for District Review.
Sooooo we walk into our building after Devotional....With Sister Shaw.. after they all thought she was already on a plane... And the elders were SOOOO mad. It was hilarious to everyone else. But they were super upset haha. They were all like WHY ARE YOU HERE? WAIT IT'S A JOKE? SISTER MORRILL CRIED THOUGH. SHE WAS CRYING. I BELIEVED HER. It actually took like a solid day or two to rebuild their trust hahaha, they were mad mad mad. But they love us so much and I understand them being upset, we're all superrrr close and I know they were super bummed that Sister Shaw was leaving.
OH, so I made that story about Sister Shaw leaving around 4:00... We were in our own class until 5... And somehow not only our district, but the districts next to our districts, the zone leaders, EVERYONE ELSE in the zone, and our Branch Presidency "found out" that sister Shaw was leaving... within an hour. Idk if you realized, but none of us have phones... or technology... at the MTC. That news traveled FAST.  Everyone knew. Our Counselor in the Branch Presidency was told by the zone leaders and it just kept going onnnnn and onnnnn. It was great. \
 
Another thing about the MTC, we don't have phones so we're all reverting to our kindergarten ways and were passing notes like allllll the time. Sister Shaw gets all fancy and folds them with a little tab to pull it open.
 
I told you all about the cow thing right? So vaca means cow in portuguese... And thanks to our studly Elders we learned that vaca alsoooo means prostitute in Portuguese. I mean obviously you can tell what we're saying based on context clues, but it seems that we have been calling each other prostitutes for the past 4 weeks. Frijole legalllllllll. FYI, frijole legal = cool beans. You BET that was the first thing I learned here.
 
There comes a point at the MTC where you just know you've been there too long. We're all kind of losing our social skills and really, really stupid things become hilarious. We have a lot of quotes, scriptures, etc we are supposed to memorize here, and last week we were loooosin it, we started putting the words from what we were memorized to Disney lyrics, namely The Lion King... We tried Hakuna Matata, Can you Feel The Love Tonight, andd the Circle of Life. We're in class at like 8-9, just JAMMIN to this quote "7 habits of diligence" or something like that, and we're all "naa na na na ESTEJA CANSADOOOOOO" Yes, we are the senior District in our Zone, and yes, we jam to Disney for language study. We are District 69B.   -fade out to Danger Zone from Top Gun-
 
Whoa whoa whoa, I am outtt of time again. I LOVE YOU ALL. TALK TO ME, I NEED CONTACT FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD. I DONT CARE HOW WELL I KNOW YOU. Sorry that sounded desperate.. The MTC does that to ya. Paz e bencaos, errbody. Paz e bencaos.
 
Love Sister Morrill
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment