Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TRANSFER CALLS ARE SAD CALLS

So yesterday we had the dreaded TRAAAANSFER CAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLS. Yep. Transfer calls are the worst. I'm training and I didn't think my visa would be here, so I was expecting to stay in Northridge with Sis Hale.. But still, alllll day long we were freakin out every time we got a phone call.. President decided to change things up regarding who calls/how we receive transfer calls since we're getting so many missionaries.. So after a series of [not so] unfortunate events, we finally got our call from the zone leaders at 8 PM. SUCH. A LONG. DAY. waiting for that stupid call. 
Sister Hale and I will be together for another 6 weeks! Haven't gotten a visa yet :) I was a little bummed because it's getting a little harder to keep up with the language, but I LOVE it here and I love my companion. I've been trying to figure out so much these 6 weeks in the field, but I'm coming to realize and understand that our assignments in our area and companion is inspired. There is DEFINITELY a reason Sister Hale and I were put together. I love her and I am learning so much from her, things that I specifically needed to learn. I KNOW how to work. I didn't need to learn how to work, I already do it. But she has helped me learn other things I need to improve on and we are having SO much fun together, so I am P S Y C H E D  to be here for a 2nd transfer. Buuut our zone leaders are leaving us :( Elder Chatterton is going HOME and Elder Hinton is going to South Sacramento :( So we have 2 new ZL's shotgunning the area, which is weird.. but I guess it will be great. We were suuuuper tight with Hinton and Chatterton so the 4 of us are way bummed that they're both leaving. I thought that transfers would be easier than the last day my district had together at the MTC, but NOPE NOPE NOPE. It's just as hard. We're all close. Saying goodbye still sucks, even if it's just for another area in the mission. 

Oh PS, since we have transfers tomorrow our PDAY is switched to Tuesday instead of our normal Monday... I didn't forget to write yall, we're just emailing a day later ;)

President told us we are getting a CAR! I don't know when or how, but it's happening! I am alllllmost a little bummed, I legitimately love being on bikes.. But I'm sure we will be able to accomplish more for our area overall with a car, we'll see how it goes!

Oh oh! The Zimmerman family came to visit us this week! I LOVED IT. It's so great to see friends here. It was awesome to catch up a little bit! 

Remember I was talking about laser tag last week? Yeah. It was fabulous. I lost SO HARD. But it was awesome. Elder Hinton and Elder Koerper kicked. my. trash. 

'We had dinner with a family in the ward on Sunday.. They had hot wings. Sis Hale and I, being from the south or what not, ate them NO PROBLEMS... They had 2 fully grown boys AND their dad there, who all tried one bite of a wing and proceeded to sweat and cry. Californians are wimps. It was so funny though, they got showed up by a couple little sister missionaries.. Fabulous.

Alright, I'm changin it up and getting serious on yall. 
I love being a missionary so much. It's such an amazing experience. It's funny how your perspective changes as a missionary. Members think that missionaries are just perfect human beings... and well, we work hard, but we are not. Not even close. We're some 19-to-Twenty-Something year olds who have faith in Christ and know that the gospel can change people's lives. I feel like we don't really know what we're doing sometimes, but we keep working and somehow the Lord just makes things come together. I am so thankful for my Savior. Over the past year I've come to completely depend on Him. He is my rock and my Redeemer. I know that as we come unto Christ, and exercise our faith in Him that He will comfort us, He will strengthen us, and ultimately, He will make us whole. I have gained such a strong testimony in Him and I am so thankful for the Lord's hand in my life. I am here because I know that that relationship with Christ can absolutely change lives. Through this gospel, we have the opportunity to live with our families not only on earth, but for the eternities. 

I love Elder Bruce R McConkie's Missionary Commision... I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth.. My job is to do what He wants done. To say what He wants said. To say and do what He himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to which I have been called. My words are His words, and my acts are His acts; My ways are His ways, and my doctrine is His doctrine... How great is my calling? 

I don't have it completely memorized, but that's the gist of it. I have a divine and wonderful calling, and I love it so much. I love this gospel. I love my calling. I love this area, and I love the Lord. I'm so thankful to be serving in the California Sacramento mission right now. I love it. 

I love yall, fique suave :)

Com amor,
Sister Morrill


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment