Monday, May 12, 2014

Ready, set, GO

Nossa.

This week has been compely nuts. Again. Ha.

Baptisms. They were promising and they´re still coming, but it fell through for this sunday but that´s alright because I got to talk to my família on Sunday!

We´re still running from one end to the other and praying and teaching and walking and going a little more and a little more, until we don´t think we can go any further, then we get a little UMPH from the Spirit and we go further anyways. I haven´t had an experience like this in my whole mission. (Little wonder.. haven´t been HERE my whole mission. This place is incredible. Mmkay I´ll tell you about the week and try to help yall understand what i´m talking about.

The beginning was normal, pday and we had exchanges and stuff.

Wednesday we had interviews with President Fernandes. It was cool except he told me that I will probably train a new missionary next transfer. It´s cool to do that in english and all, but the problem here is that everyone speaks português and i´ll train in português and I´ll be the only one who knows this area and it´s all PORTUGUÊS. If President and the Lord want to do that to the poor greeny that´s fine, I´ll do it, but BAH next transfer will be nuts. 

Oh hey Dad, I was thinking about Serendipity and Papa Kelsey´s this week and if we ever both go to utah again we´re going to papa kelsey´s, mmkay?

Thursday came along and we took a bus to Capivarí (another CITY in our area.. ha ha ha) and then busted it back to visit Rillary, Ágata e Izadora. Rillary was having doubts because she doesn´t want to give up coffee for the rest of her life, and Izadora´s mom told her she couldn´t be baptized. Ágata isn´t letting a THING get in the way and she was still planning on Sunday. We had Irmão Fred come with us and he was perfect. He was only baptized two months ago and gave up smoking and the girls loved him, he´s great. 

We planned on Friday and then saw Ágata and everyone again and had a meeting and then had a BAPTISM in Oficinas. João Marcos, coolest 8 year old you´ve ever met. We had lunch with them last week. We got lost on the way to their home and wound up in área verde (aka drugs drugs drugs we are NOT allowed to enter área verde, money and drugs and probs guns and idk errwhere) but there was some guy with crack on the side of this dirt road and no one would tell us where the streets were because everyone´s afraid to get busted even though we´re just a few starving girls with a big whopping ´´JESUS CHRIST´´ on our nametags. it´s fine. If I lead some drug caravan or something I wouldn´t want to tell people where to go either, i guess. Anyways. We found their house and told them about the big guy with crazy drugs, and João Marcos just called us out and said ´´why didn´t you talk to him??? THIS IS YOUR JOB´´ Sorry João. Maybe Jesus would have talked to him but I wanted my companion and I both to leave área verde ALIVE.

Saturday was Fernanda´s baptism! She was an investigator in São João (our ward but area of the other sisters... she loves us though) So great. baptisms everywhere but our area haaa,but they´re coming! Saturday we were running. We had an activity with Oficinas members and all the missionaries in Tubarão Saturday morning, ran to our lunch appointment, fell through, ran to the market and ran home to eat, ran to the bus stop with the zone leaders and off to see Ágata for a baptismal interview. ran back to the bus, ran to the baptism, ran to an appointment with the family of Marisete e Paulo, the coolest family evaaaa. Best lessons there. They´re returning members, so much fun. 

Sunday Ágata didn´t come to church and we´ve got a few things to resolve, but we´ve remarked for Saturday for Ágata´s baptism! Should be fine.. Had lunch with a rockin awesome family and then SKYPED HOME. I LOVE MOTHERS DAY. Talked to the fam bam. in English. That was weird. I´ve already been in Brasil for two months? That´s weird too. It´s a struggle speaking english but I still have a junk load of vocab to learn in portuguese too, MAD STRUGGS. But it´s fine. 

Mothers day... I gave my farewell talk a YEAR ago, last mother´s day. It sounds like my return date will be November 10 (I´ll spend like a day at the mission office, so I´ll be back November 12th? something like that) I´m officially down to the last 6 months of my mission. I can´t believe a year has passed. We´re doing so much here that time is passing even faster, I hate it! I love everything that is happening, I just wish it would happen a little slower. My life has completely changed because of my mission and I want to see these things happen for the rest of forever. I´m so happy here haha, I´m terrified that November I´m going to breathe and it will be november. Until then I´ll just be busting it over here and loving every single minute. Everybody needs to serve in Brasil (and Sacramento), it´s the greatest everrrrr.

Love yall. Gotta go once again.

Talk to ya in a minute!

Love, Sister Morrill

No comments:

Post a Comment