Monday, July 29, 2013

I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my biiiike

Hey hey! I can't believe it's already P-day again... time is FLYING. I'm in the last 2 weeks of the transfer and then we find out if my visa is here, whaaaat! I honestly hope that it isn't here yet, is that bad? eh. I love this mission and the ward and my companion and our zone... and basically I just love everything here. Except the ridiculous sweating that's goin' on with all this bike riding. Seriously, I don't know why people let us in their homes when they see us at the door.. We have to look awful haha. It looks like Niagra Falls is just rolling down my forehead, and Sister Hale had some craaazy sweat marks when we went to a member's home last week, it was hilarious. Not so much to her, but really... it was great. Good times, good times.

We had exchanges on Tuesday! Monday night I went to East SAC with Sister Loli, and Sister Acker covered our area with Sister Hale.. Sister Loli was Sis Hale's trainer back in the day, so I got to spend the day with my grandma :') and I. Love. Her. She's from Australia/Samoa and she is just the best. We had so much fun. We took a member with us to some appointments on Tuesday, and we were riding bikes, ya know, as usual. We were waiting for a light to change and Fiona (the member with us) just fainted on the side of the road.. Sister Loli is like "FIONA, FIONA! FIONA ARE YOU OKAY" and I'm just staring at them like "uhhhhhhh......shoot. what happened.. what do i doooo what what what" So Loli sat Fiona on the curb, threw her debit card at me and told me to go get a gatorade for her across the street... I come back and Fiona looks up and asks "What happened?" and we kinda laugh at the way she said it, and Loli's like "girrrrrrl you just passed out on us" and she reenacted it for her, Fiona was embarrassed because we told her how ridiculous it looked haha, we were so nervous at first, but as soon as realized she wasn't about to drop dead on us or anything it just got suuuper funny. 

Sister Loli said I'm a great teacher :') I felt like such a champ haha, I feel like I suck at teaching, and Sis Hale loves to talk a lot so I rarely get to teach in our lessons haha.. But I got a lot of time to teach on exchanges and she thought it was great, so that was good to hear! Sister Hale got to visit the Kittel family while we were on exchanges, and I was bummed because I loooove love looooooove the Kittel's and I was in East Sac that day, but we had dinner with them on Friday and it was great! I love them so much. 

I'm learning a lottttt about missionary work lately. As missionaries we have a tendency to get pulled into people's problems and we have to go in and fix things... and I didn't like that haha. My mentality has always been that I'll figure my junk out and yall can buck up and get your junk together, and we'll all be cool. But I really can't do that here. Some people need a little help. Some people don't know how to do it themselves. And the perfect way to counteract all those problems is the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel brings you so much peace and comfort, and simply having faith in Christ makes things SO much easier, simply because if you have faith, you may not know when, why or how you're going to get through those trials, but you know that you CAN do it. And that's the message we try to bring to people. Some of the people we've met with are so focused on the problem, that even when the solution is RIGHT in front of them they don't see it, because they are sooo focused on that one thing. It's frustrating for me, but I've grown so much just this week from learning that. They might not get it now, but one day they will, because we were here and we tried and we told them what we knew to be true. It could be tomorrow, next month, or YEARS from now, but one day they will be able to recognize and receive the blessings from the gospel. 

We got to see Larry on Saturday! He is such a champ. He's progressing soooo so much. I love him. He was at church on Sunday and some lady was giving a talk and said that her husband had joined the church, and that he said his greatest accomplishment from that was "getting off the 'Mormon's Most Wanted' list" ...Larry heard it and just cracked uppp in the middle of church because he knows we're all getting on him about accepting a baptismal date and everything, it was so funny. 

OKAY YALL, So Sister Hale and I have been chased by not one, but TWO dogs last week on our bikes. TWO. We could have died. The first one I think just enjoyed the chase, but the second one was hardcore trying to chew our ankles off. Sister Hale lifted her leg up so the dog couldn't get it, tried to pedal at the same time, and almost crashed straight into a giant pile of junk on the side of the road. It was rough. Missionary life is serious business guys. 

Mmmmmkay I gotta go, I love you all! 

PS I'm getting a boat load of mail from everyone.. Half of it is from my mom but it's still CRAZY. Thanks for the love, you're all great!

Hey, Coddingtons... Send me your new address cuz there's another letter waiting with your name on it!

Gotta go. PEACE.

Com amor, 
Sister Morrill



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment