Monday, July 7, 2014

Just another week in the best country in the world

What happened this week? 

lemme tell ya bout it.

We visited Matilde. I stinking love her too much. You could tell it had been a hard week for her, she has problems with her hub and I just want SO badly that all of her trials could just go away and she could be happy. We asked her what she thinks of the Book of Mormon and the church. She already knows it´s true. she wants it in her life. She is incredible. I know that trials are going to come and it´s going to be REALLY stinking hard because they are so strong and so prepared, but I KNOW that the 3 of them in that family will be baptized. I don´t know exactly if I will be here to see it, but I sure hope so and I´m going to do all I can to prepare them for it! I adore that family.

We had zone meeting on the 4th of July!! Elder Hakes (american) and Elder Rodrigues (brasilian-learned english from Elder Hakes.. it´s a bask) are both in my District and it´s such a BASK. non-ending party with a spiritual message mixed in from our District Leader. I love having friends in our district, SO much better. Unfortunately we´re in brazil and they don´t care about the USA´s independence, so nothing happened other than a big ol hug from all the american sisters. We found out about transfers (ps I have 2 transfers left after this... just 2. this is getting weird.) Sister Simões and I are staying together for another transfer :´) I get to finish training mah baby girl. This transfer is going to be a blast. PS I GOT MAIL FROM YALL AT THE MEETING. LETTERS FROM MEGAN AND ABBY LEGITIMATELY MADE ME TEAR UP. We have time to relax this pday and yall will have letters headed your way as of tomorrow ;) I miss yallllllllll.

Anyways... Im pumped for this transfer. Sister Simões had been SUPER stressed because of health and everything and it was taking a toll on every other aspect of our work haha, so the week before was really difficult, but we were talking yesterday and everything is SO MUCH BETTER. she´s really loving the area and the people and she hasnt felt any pain in 2 days now and we have some rocking goals to set this area on FIRE. We´re coming back with a vengeance. 

We made a devotional in Joaçaba and invited the areas of our whole district. It was called ´´O Maior Missionario No Mundo´´.....aka The Greatest Missionary In The World. For the past couple of weeks we´ve told everyone in our branch that the greatest missionary in the world was coming to Joaçaba, but didn´t tell em who it was.. everyone was super pumped and guessing who would it be, and errrbody came on Saturday to see... The greatest missionary in the world is the Book of Mormon ;) we got a huge box and covered it blue and I made it look LEGIT with the book of mormon font and all written ´´O LIVRO DO MORMON´ on the front. we opened the devotional and then invited the ´´greatest missionary in the world´´ to come in....and Elder Hakes walked in wearing the giant book of mormon box. Everyone  was like HA, GOTCHA KKK... Best reveal ever. But the missionaries all shared things about the book of mormon, his purpose, that we have the opportunity to share him and everything... it was SUPER powerful and our branch L O V E D it ;´) So great.

Ummmm Im running out of time as always, but enjoy this little number junk that I discovered.

In my mission so far..

1 baptism
2 countries
3 mission presidents
5 areas
10 companions
11 transfers
14 months

and blessings = infinite. 

I´m getting old up in here. It´s weird. I´ve got 4 more months to keep them MIRACLES coming haha. We´re gonna KILL IT!

Until next week, gente!

Love ya,
Sister Morrill

No comments:

Post a Comment