Monday, September 30, 2013

"Everbody's changing, and I don't feel the saaaaame"

Hey y'all.

So this has probably been the best, longest, most exhausting, rewarding, stressful week of my entire mission thus far. 

As ya know, we had beloved TRANSFERS. I thought I'd be a little bummed or something, but I am just loving it all. Sister Kittel (just one of the best members ever, that's all) drove us from Fair Oaks down past Manteca and Tracey to drop Sister Hale off in her new area... And I left my trainer there... yeah that was weird. Then we picked up Sister Zenger in South Stockton (every CALI  SAC missionary's dream.. Stockton is straight up ghettofabulous. But the people are so humble and it's so great to be able to teach them) and took her back to good old Citrus Heights up in here :) We're both trying to figure out how the whole mission thing works without our trainers haha, but it has been SUCH a wonderful few days. We have stayed SO BUSY. We're up at 6:30 for exercise and getting ready for the day. We have studies from 8-11 (Pessoal, companheirismo, e lingua), then lunch, and then we stay out working from then til after dark. We come home and plan and we're soooo exhausted, so as soon as we finish planning we just crash til 6:30 the next morning.

We have met so many wonderful people already. I just love everything about where I'm at right now. We were out on Thursday night I think, and we met this lady and her friend (here comes a little story time. My favorite.). We met them pulling into the driveway of her house and started talking. She has a suuuper super strong testimony of Christ and her church. (Which is great). She started talking to us and as we spoke we got that she believes in the trinity, that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are all one (Which is also great, lots of people do.) We explained that we believe that they are 3 separate beings who are one in PURPOSE. She kind of stared at us with that "you poor thing, I pity you, you don't know anything" look. (Thanks for caring, but I mean we kind of know a little something) And we started talking about scriptures and before we left she asked to pray with us. (That's cool. We pray all the time. We love praying. Let's do it.) And along with our different beliefs, obviously people pray differently too. In our church we know that we make prayer special and reverent. We close our eyes, fold our arms, stay quiet while someone offers the prayer... Ya know. Not tonight! The lady and her friend grabbed our hands (Again, that's great. Prayer circles are great. Loved the days  in FCA at Charlotte High for See You At The Pole. It's wonderful) and basically the lady gave a prayer and basically asked that we could learn truth and find our way and not be confused and all this good stuff, and she's shaking my hand all around and her friend was just talkin away through the prayer like "Yes. yes. yes. YES." agreeing.. that's nice but it was just awk awk awk. And when it was over she hugged us and looked us in the eyes and told us how young we were and how much life we had ahead of us and how we need to be enlightened and find truth.. Fabulous. Totally appreciate the concern. She was a sweet lady.. But like I said, we know a little somethin too haha. I'm so glad that I have such a firm testimony of this gospel. I love that I learn something new every single time I open the scriptures, there really is no end to learning. I'm so thankful for my Savior and the knowledge I have of Him. And I think overall I'm so glad to have the knowledge of WHY I'm HERE, and where I'm going. It puts everything else in perspective for me. The gospel is just so great. 

LARRY!
Larry is just the greatest. We've gotten to know each other so well in these 3 months and I just love it. I've probably said it before, but honestly.. My investigators are my babies. NO ONE MESSES WITH MY KID. I WILL TAKE YOU OUT. (In the most Christ-like way, of course).. So Larry is solid. He's doing everything he needs to do. He knows everything he needs to know from us. He's sharing about the church and what he's learning with EVERYONE that he talks to... Literally, everyone. He tells us stories of conversations he has with some guy on this street corner or at the store or the park... EVERYONE.  And yet he has had such a tough week. We gave him a surprise visit on Saturday and he told us a little of what's on his mind.. and he wasn't planning on coming to church or even going forward with it all until we stopped by. He felt the spirit and was reminded of it, and he's trying to get rid of the negativity in his life and move forward. He is a champ. We had a great great chat, saw him at church yesterday, and talked to him on the phone last night. We talked for a while and he just went silent and I could not get him to respond to anything.. He has some health problems so I was concerned and tried to call him back and nothing, and probably 10 minutes later he called me. He had a seizure while we were on the phone and I was the first person he called when he came out of it, he was super slow and his memory was foggy and I just kept talking to him to help him get back. I honestly have never been so worried in my life. I know he has seizures and he's had a few since I've known him, but none while we were around or talking. I love Larry so much and it is the WORST to hear him when he's not feeling 100%. We know each other really well, and he knows it and he knows that I know when he's off, if that makes sense. If he's upset, I know it, and last night when he had a seizure, I DEFINITELY knew it. I just want him to be perfectly healthy and happy and have no worries or negative things affecting him in his life and I want him to realize that he's ready to be baptized when he wants to be, is that so much to ask? Larry always looks at me, points and says "You're something else, ya know that?" I always shrug it off, he thinks I've helped him, but what he doesn't realize is how much he has done for me. I have learned SO MUCH from Larry, I don't even know where to begin.

I'm just so thankful to be exactly where I'm at right now. I love being right here, in the Northridge ward, in the Carmichael stake, in the California Sacramento mission. There is no place I'd rather be right now. I've had so many experiences here and lessons that I KNOW I would not have learned any other way. I just love it all. 

Love always,
Sister Morrill



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment